Monday, November 9, 2009

Southwest Brewfest

Saturday Jason and I checked out the first annual Southwest Brewfest that was put on by a couple of the local radio stations around here. We had NO idea what to expect but we had a pretty good time! They had a really really awesome AC/DC cover band! There were about 100 different beers from various microbrews and a few commercial companies. We tried some gross ones (rye beer..yep tasted like rye bread) and some really good new ones!
First sample of the day!
Big Radio Sign

My all time favorite brewery was there, Deschutes Brewery in Oregon makes the BEST porter - Black Butte Porter

Each tent was a different brewer
Silly Jason I had to stop at 10/20 of my samples! They were so big!
At one point, Jason said he had to use the restroom and I said, I think they have Porter-potties. Ahhhh funny.

We were kinda thinking it would be bigger but there is another one in February that I think we might be going to and is bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment