I was able to do some cooking the week before last.
Not this week thanks to a brutal sinus infection. I spent 3 days trying to rough it out because I was sure it was just another tension headache. Last time I had one of those, all they could do was dope me up on morphine IVs and send me home to wait it out. Well, after 3 days I was getting pretty fed up so my mom suggested I go to the Take Care Clinic (Walgreens) by our house since you do not need an appointment and they are open everyday with late(r) hours. So Friday after work Jason took me over and I got in without a wait. 20 minutes later I was out of the door with a confirmed sinus infection and a prescription of amoxicillin. Since then I've been feeling a lot better, so next time try your Wag take care clinic! [Yes, shameless but true plug for walgreens. What can I say? It goes right into my profit sharing!]
But anyways. Here is what we had:
Beef Cheddar and Potato Pie
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/dinner-recipes/Beef--Cheddar-and-Potato-Pie [very good! a little time consuming but only 45 minutes of it was actually cooking, the rest was baking. I'm not a huge fan of ground hamburger in large doses so I think next time I might half the hamburger and double the potato/cheese. But this is good and looks impressive so pull it out next time you have people over.]
Guinness Sundae
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/guinness-sundaes-recipe/index.html
This was good, but you're going to have to LOVE Guinness to enjoy this. Must have something to do with cooking down but the stout flavor gets stronger. I put it on the ice cream acting like it was caramel and it is not, a little goes a long way with this guy.
I've been finding magazines with some awesome recipes lately and I can't wait to make them!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment