Sunday, May 17, 2009

Garage Sale

Saturday was adventure day with my mom. We got up super early and went garage sailing. The mission was to find a couch set for the living room which we sort of did, I just didn't buy it. haha. Next time? But we did arrive at the most amazing garage sale ever! I spent $30 at one place and got almost ALL of the stuff in the pictures. We went to another garage sale where I spent 60 cents and got a few more things. Then we finished up at the Goodwill where I only spent $5.50.
The tv stand I bought us for only $5. SWEET.
The rest of the loot. 2 shadow boxes, a bamboo centerpeice, 2 incense holders, 2 wine kimonos [all for only $5], picture frame, set of silverware [for us to keep at work], 3 vases,brown/cream candle, pyrex dish, 3 candles, some armour etch [for glass], 4 coasters, asian fan, Lots of Nora Roberts books, 3 beer glasses, and a giant mirror. I'm planning on staining the mirror frame a different color but the detail on it is beautiful and it was only $10. I couldn't get a piece of mirror cut that large for only 10.

Continuing the trend of saving. Jason and I are having a Father's day dinner/Thank you to my parents dinner on Father's day this year, so we've been planning. We're so grateful for all of their help on our house, and before! I've already bought my dad's gifts and made his card so now I'm just down to planning the dinner, but I came across a cool desert idea that I wanted to make more diabetic friendly. Hence, all the splenda you see. My mom told me she bought 1000 packets of splenda [obviously at costco..] and she still had a ton left so I could just use this instead of sugar. Ha! I had to open all of these packets last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment