Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cooking with Beer #1


In pursuit of a great father's day dinner, I practiced this recipe I found a while ago to try making it more diabetic friendly: Chocolate Stout Cupcakes. I was thinking they would taste just like chocolate cupcakes but I'd be able to say I had made them with Guinness and be really supercool. Well, they do taste a little like Guiness if you know what you're tasing for. They passed the taste-test however so I will make them again for dad's day. If you make them I have couple of words for you. 1) probably don't add piping hot butter to your beer, it caused a wierd reaction. 2) Mom suggested chocolate icing so either really works here. 3) They don't rise up like normal cupcakes, or maybe this is part of the beer/butter fiasco 4) Splenda DOES work instead of sugar here.


Cute new Apron for all my super great wifey cooking [ikea]


Important Ingredients, haha





Makes 24 cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment