Tuesday, April 7, 2009

crazyness!











One thing after another and it's been a long time since we updated!! We've been having some crazy windy weather lately and everytime that happens the internet goes out, wierd right? We've also been attacking our house!! I severely underestimated how long it would take for us to paint and clean! We still haven't moved in and it's been almost 2 weeks! We closed on the 27th and had that monday - wednesday off. So to date we have all but 2 rooms painted (2 of the painted rooms just need ceiling trim done), installed 4 fixtures and moved 2 fixtures around, replaced 1 toilet seat and 1 toilet tank. That's it! Ugh! Today we started cleaning our bathroom because we're finally getting to the point where if the carpet, bathroom and kitchen get cleaned we can move in and clean the rest while we're living in it. Maybe after this next weekend we will be moved in, hopefully? But can I just add that we did ALL of this while having the awful cold thats going around. It's taking people like 3 weeks to get better!! Jason is finally better and I'm figuring I have another week left, so we are super proud of ourselves! But we must must must thank everyone. Thank you to my parents SO much for donating every minute of your last 2 weekend's to spend at our house fixing it up with us, thank you to my aunt and coop for painting our guest bedroom this last weekend, thank you to shanna and hector for painting the pub room with us and thank you to our neighbor who gave us a free ceiling fan!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a lot more work to do than Gene and I did... we are all moved in. It is all worth it in the end thought to have your own home!!! Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete