Sunday, January 30, 2011

Roast this!

Roasting makes everything taste better -- chicken, coffee beans, and broccoli! Wierd, right? Roasted broccoli? I found the recipe at Tasty Kitchen. It's just roasted broccoli, but it was super tasty!

Here is the specific recipe I used: Roasted Broccoli

But I changed some of the things to suit what I had on hand.

•1 head Broccoli


•4 Tablespoons Olive Oil

•½ tsp each of kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and sugar.

•½ whole Lemon, Juiced

•¼ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

 
Preheat oven to 425F. This is important when roasting any sort of vegetable. Be sure oven is hot.
Segment broccoli into nice florets with a little bit of a stem. Not too small. Also, halve the florets so there is a flat side.
Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Pour olive oil over florets, toss all together so broccoli is covered. Sprinkle with the spices.
Roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
Take out and squeeze the lemon juice over all the florets.
Add a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.


We had it with Baked Ziti (an attempt to make Ziti healthier..) and Jason steered very clear of the Broccoli, but yum it was good!
 
I was sick all last week so after eating out of the freezer all week -- Jason is pretty psyched that I am back in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment