Let's start out with Awesome news: Conan comes back this week!! Yay!!
Okay but seriously: Jason has an interview this week! The last couple months have been pretty tight around here but we're still confident that he made the right move in leaving the company. We're just praying he gets a job soon!
We were both involved in some projects this weekend - me, sewing cushions...him, making beer. My parent's needed new cushions for their patio set (after a few sun-baked years the cushions were literally falling apart) and couldn't find any they liked enough to spend the massive amount of $$ patio cushions seem to cost. Why DO they cost so much? Anyways, my mom had the idea to make the, and save some money - the outdoor canvas was 50% at JoAnns a little while back and we ended up finding a very cute striped fabric! Enter sewing lessons. Jason got me a machine last Christmas that has intimidated ever since. I was really excited to get it because there are so many things I'd like to make but sewing machines are right up there with zambonis as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, we have 2 cushions started and 6 more to go. We took before pictures and we will definitely take afters!
Jason made a pumpkin/holiday beer this weekend while I was off sewing. It smells really good so far, we can't wait! Here are some pictures he took:
The pie pumpkins:
He had to roast the pumpkin so we scooped the insides out together:
Tank top because it is still 90 here.. geez!
This was his first all grain attempt so here they all are:
Out door set up with his homemade drip cooler thing. He knows the technical terms for this equipment, I "volunteered" to put it in layman's terms (aren't I nice? haha)
J's self picture of all things man: jason, beer making and big trucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment