About two months ago, Jason suggested we Netflix this show he started watching a long time ago and thought was pretty good. When I asked him what it was about he said that it was about a carnival set in the 1940s. Sounded interesting enough to me. 2 months later we're done watching it...weirdest show ever. I was imagining some peppy show about happy carnivals but instead it was this dark, creepy show. Anyways, it is over & I can recommend NOT watching it to everyone! Back to getting dramedies in mail - yay for netflix!!
Saturday afternoon, Jason was replacing Pat's motor mounts so I took the opportunity to clean out some cupboards that were pretty jammed (fun, right?) So here is what I found on the laundry room shelf:
Plastic Bags everywhere... glad we're really using those Eco-green totes we bought awhile back
But underneath that mess of plastic bags...this:
Ohhhh, the irony was not lost on me. It's not even taken out of its box..
break time! I headed out to watch Jason work on Pat's SUV. Did learn a little something about motor mounts and even helped out a little - I passed him a screwdriver while he was under the car.
Later that night, we found a fire pit at Lowe's - exciting!! Here's Jason about to put it together for us...and my dog, the contortionist.
Getting it started..
yay, fire!
Love this guy! Less than 1.5 years until THE day! We realized that last night.
Jason's interview went well last week & we're just waiting to hear something back. It would be one heck of a drive for him everyday, so we'll see what comes out of it. Work is busy for me this week - we're (hopefully) switching to a new program and have an out of town guest coming to walk us through the release of it. Meanwhile, I'm training a new hire and setting up schedules for next year. Blah blah blah, right?!
We're starting our Christmas shopping this week - both of our horoscopes advised us not to buy any gifts in December sooo, OK, we can do that. We also get to take a trip to Stanley's this week! A Polish-deli in Phoenix for some sausage for J on thanksgiving. I still can't believe this will be the first Thanksgiving we get to celebrate together!
Tonight we had family dinner after the Bears big win against the Vikings. I was rooting for the Bears today but now I'll have to turn the hate back on.. can't have them win the division, now we can we?!
Looking for a last minute Thanksgiving dessert for the big day or a potluck?? I have JUST the thing: Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. I made it tonight to bring over for dinner and it was so good! All things fall!! It won't be at our Thanksgiving table, but maybe next year! It was THAT good!


No comments:
Post a Comment