Epic.
I'm not even sure where to start.
*Insert wavy flash back to the day before* Jason cleaned allllll day and when I got home from work I started cooking right away. Brewed passion tea (Jason isn't the only one that can brew things around here! ha!), baked and shredded a spaghetti squash, caramelized pecans, whipped a honey cinnamon butter, pumpkin-gingersnap pie, chocolate strata pie, pecan pie, cut up carrots and celery for the turkey phew! Here is pie baking fun.
The next day didn't start out so well. Text message was sent to mom including the phrase "Do I take off the tail?". Didn't I just do this half a year ago? That's something I should remember, but no - 10:00am Thanksgiving morning and emergency texts regarding turkey tails were being sent. Oy. Here goes nothing.
This guy, who shall remain nameless, makes the BEST mashed potatoes. Stud with the spuds.
Looking pretty calm in there so far, Everyone has arrived due to the amount of side dishes piling up.
Let's enjoy the scenery. Spooky decorations were removed and this gigantic pumpkin came in. A coworker had an extra GIANT pumpkin or 3 so she brought one to work for me. Then I had to carry it 100 yards to my car in the parking lot. Next morning, my arms were so sore. WIMP!!
Place cards on the table. Genius idea, thank you Rachel Ray for teaching me to use place cards. No more awkward dance around the table when it comes time to sit down. You sit where you sit and you don't get upset! Isn't that how it goes??
Enjoying the beautiful weather! Chilly, so we had jeans on. 59 degrees, but with the sunshine it felt like 59. Ha!
Watching the game
J and I's camera has this rad screen that rotates around making self pictures easy. TOO easy, we messed it up. Here we are checking out what the picture will look like:
Jason! Take a picture of me! OK, Keri, where do you want to stand? Umm, right here, it front of everything so it looks like I made it all!!
Irene brought over some Dallas Cowboy jokes for everyone to read. How do you keep the Dallas cowboys out of your yard? Put up a goal post! Zing!
The fur babes. I don't blame them for hovering in the kitchen, it smelled so good!
That my friends, is a gigantic sausage link from Stanley's on my stove. Boy was it good!!
The turkey roaster I had a fight with in my head. Turkey roaster, how could you have destroyed my pretty turkey and made it look like a carcass instead of a showpiece? But, oh, turkey roaster, you made such a moist and tasty turkey. Sigh.
I love this one!
The first few that braved the buffet. That's genius ideas #2 - buffet style! Rolls, salt, pepper and butter on the table. Everything else in the kitchen! (Dog in the front room. Far, far away from the kitchen).
Polish sausage was new to the table this year. Here's Jason demonstrating how delicious it is. Mom and Dad standing back a little..
Looks like Dad made a full recovery.
Maybe not - he's doing silly things, like wearing his place card!
Oh, yum!!!
You don't pictures of during the meal. Elbows were thrown, there was talking with mouths wide open and fighting over the butter. Kidding, we were just too busy eating!!
No comments:
Post a Comment