We've been busy! We had our second garage sale and ended up making enough to lower the cost of disneyland tickets for our December trip! I am SO very excited to go to Disneyland with Jason! We still had a lot of stuff left, so I picked my way through my parents stuff and scored a LOT of awesome stuff! They only rescued a purse and some speakers from our junk. I guess that makes us garage sale winners...or losers? Because we didn't sell a whole lot? Hmm... The rest we donated to a local thrift store for a tax credit. Oh the things that excited grown ups - tax credits!
Also exciting - I got a promotion at work! I am now my department's Performance Coach. This is pretty much what I've already been doing for the last 6 months but now I have the title and a little extra pay. Awesome! So if you order prescriptions online from walgreens.com - I train the department that does all of the front end work on the prescriptions - insurance rejections, processing, customer phone calls. Very exciting, right? Yeah... haha.
No big plans for Halloween this year - laying low and saving dough! On Friday, we went to the Nickelback concert. We bought tickets for it a few months back when they went on sale. We had such a good time! We went with my parents and we all spent a good half hour working on where we were going to hide our pocketshots. Which, if you have never seen are really awesome - google them! So we finally figure out where to hide them, show up at the concert and breeze right through "security". No metal wands, no pat down, they didn't even check my purse. All that hard work for nothing!
Now that November is here.. time to work on Thanksgiving! We get to host it this year & are so excited to have everyone over! The first thing we did was spruce up our living room. Jason has been working REALLY hard on restoring the second hand leather sofa we were given from a co-worker. The leather was in bad shape so Jason googled how to fix it back up. Saddle-soap is what he came up with, and oh! how handy that we live out by farms and an actual feed store. So the saddle-soap was pretty easy to come by. He spent a lot of time scrubbing and today we switched around sofas again!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment