Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Venue Search

I am really glad we 23 months to plan this wedding - all I could get out of Jason this weekend was that he would like "an outside ceremony, underneath something, maybe some readings and no sitting". Hmm, yeah...

In all seriousness though, I've steered us towards looking for a venue. We've got a possible headcount of 75-100 and we've got a few places in mind that we would like to go check out. However, we definitely have a budget to stick to so I'm hoping we find the best fit!

We are looking for something with capability for an late afternoon/evening outdoor ceremony that blends into a cocktail hour and then dinner and dancing. We'd like it to be all at one location without any awkward breaks in the day. What we don't know is wedding house? golf course? misc. rented space? With the wedding houses we have free reign to bring in vendors, DIY and really play it up. With golf courses, it's usually a higher price but you have to pick from specific packages --but dinner is included in the per person price.

I'm hoping this is like house shopping... we saw a lot of places but eventually one of them just fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment