Sunday, May 9, 2010

In the month of May

This week at work was pretty crazy. A few weeks ago I interview for a promotion in my department, group supervisor. I ended up making it to the 2nd interview but lost the position to someone that already had supervisor experience in the company.

While my manager was telling me why I didn't get the position and what kinds of things he wants to teach me to prepare me for the next time he needs to hire, I guess I sort of accepted the position for Administrative Assistant. Crazy how that happens, I didn't know we were hiring one. Ha ha. Anyways, the pay rate is the same, the hours are pretty much the same and it's putting me in a better position for Group Supervisor at some point later this year. This all just means I'm not longer a part of the Medicare Part B venture of Walgreens, and a part of Walgreens.com.

Jason made another beer this weekend (I've actually lost count at this point) but this one sounds very awesome! It's a wheat style beer with chamomile and prickly pear honey. Awesome, right? I can't wait to try it!

This weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with our moms and had a really good time. Jason had a brunch with Irene and Diane and I spent the day with my Mom shopping for scrapbook stuff and out to lunch. Fun! Last night we had a BBQ and brought the dog over to my parents'. She did fantastic! She was friendly, absolutely no barking to anyone!

While we over there, my parents brought out a box of stuff they found this week. It had a lot of our school papers from when Pat and I were little and we were cracking up big time! So hilarious! Here are a few gems:


The pencil is hard to read but it says "My mom's favorite food is STEAK". Haha, so my picture is pretty accurate I guess, red meat.


My mom is as pretty as a COWGIRL. Haha. Very nice picture here as well.
This one is Pat's. What do you do to make your father happy? "I don't bug him too much I guess" !! HAHA. "When my mom is shopping I let my dad sleep and I take care of my sister." So for his picture he drew Dad napping on the couch with Pat and I watching him nap.
In this portrait of Dad, Pat really captured his essence with the bright red hair and plaid golf tshirt!
Something that continually cracked us up was Pat's use of super large numbers. Below it says "If you could give your Dad any present, what would you give him?" Pat says "I would buy him 2,000 manchens, I would give him 1000 dollars, I would buy 2000 electric companies". Oh my, that is some funny stuff.

I so look forward to seeing some of Jason's stuff like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment