Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

We had a really good Easter! Last year we spent all day cleaning and moving - blah. This time, we got to relax and enjoy the holiday. This year I wanted to try out sangria to sip on while we cooked brunch for the guys - so yummy!


We had quiche, fried potatoes and scotch eggs. Yum! They were all super easy and are going right in the recipe book.



Today was also Monsoon's first birthday! First we played birthday frisbee for 15 minutes until we got hot from running around with the frisbee in our mouth.

Then we had birthday cake! A long time ago, I bought a doggy cookbook and never really used it because I was so busy trying to teach myself how to cook people food. Well, this cookbook is really awesome - all the ingredients are common and the recipes are made to taste good and be healthy for your pup! Its one of those "Everything" books they have for a lot of topics called "The Everything cooking for dogs book". They leave out the sugar and butter and only use ingredients that dogs can safely eat. I chose to make her a peanut butter, banana and bacon cake. Sounds good right? Yeahhhhh.

Here she was while I "frosted" her cake See the bacon and banana bits?

My mom set it down prepared for her to just go at it, but all she did was lick!
And lick.

So we cut her a piece and tried again
Yep, then she loved it.

When her piece was gone, she not above begging for more,

What a stinkin cute dog!

In other news, we finished up our Chicago shopping!! All we need now is a big suitcase, we only have a small one and with the way I pack - not happening! We've been watching the WGN news every night now because we are way TOO excited!! It looks like they are getting a boatload of rain the next few days and clearing up (hopefully) to be sunny when we get there! Yes!

Also, everyone is talking about the earthquake they felt here in Arizona! What?! Jason was napping after everyone left and I was reading and didn't feel a thing! Ugh! I've lived here almost my entire life and Jason has been here for 10 years and never felt an earthquake.. even our animals didn't notice it. Boo, we lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment