Monday, April 19, 2010

BBQ Day

Our 2nd day in Chicago Jason's Dad and family came over to have a little BBQ. We started off the day super excited for me to finally get to meet Jason's dad (yay!) but then.. dun dun dun, the PetHotel called us.

I got a call while we were eating breakfast and ignored it thinking who would call? but when I checked - it was Petsmart calling to say that Monsoon was having some problems. So, at the same time, they're calling Monsoon's back up contact (Jason) so he answers and they ask for me. We find out she has blood in her urine and they wanted to take her to the vet to see whats up. So, okay yes please do that. Like 3 hours later the vet finally sees her and they call back to say they think it is just a UTI but they recommend blood work and a urinalysis. At this point I am freaking the heck out because our poor baby is sick and we aren't there! Well, 3 more hours later, they call back and confirm the UTI, give her medicine and all is well.

Really, did that have to take all day? Blah! But anyways, $400 later the babe is cured. Meanwhile, I did get to meet Jason's dad and his wife Grace, and their son James. We had a little BBQ and played some beanbags..nice relaxing day!

Jason in the backyard
Ed and Aki
Aki, Michelle, Ed, Jason and I
I love this picture!

Ed and Grace
Way later after eveyone left we were all in a munching mood and watching HGTV. During the commercial break, a commercial for White Castle came on and we just kind of looked at each other and were like "yeah, let's go". YES! First White Castle Ever, yum!


An important moment in every young woman's life!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pics, especially the 1 where you're about to embark on your 1st White castle slider. PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of food do they have at white castle? Sounds like you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. late night grub food! little slider burgers and we also got onion rings, yum!

    ReplyDelete