We finally decided to have 2nd thanksgiving at our house this year. 2nd Thanksgiving is something my mom has done for quite some time now - usually in May or September but we had 2nd Thanksgiving so maybe there will be 3rd Thanksgiving this year. When you get right down to it, we're just super thankful people - that's all!
And, it was a good way to make some room in the freezer for the 2 corned beef briskets we bought and have no clue what to do with (Life is a circle, you see..). I'm also adding a bunch of these family favorite recipes to the cookbook I've been working on, which we plan to add some photos and get it bound to have forever and ever. I'm getting off track..
So my mom walked me through how to make a turkey and the stuffing, Jason promised he would mashed potatoes and I studied my grandma's receipes for Broccoli-rice and Chocolate Strata Pie. It wasn't difficult just a lot of time consuming steps but I survived!! I am woman, hear me roar. Thanksgiving - you don't scare me! (Thanks Mom and Grandma)
Here's the pics:
Bird, bird, bird - bird's the word.
We just go rockband. Soooo much fun!
ReplyDelete