Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's all relative

Sometimes, it is incredibly easy to get down when you're trying your hardest to get by on one (pretty small) income. We made the choice a while back for Jason to walk away from a very thankless job, rather than step down after his 5 years of hard work, when our company did some lay offs.

Since then we've been cutting way, way back and working together to get by until he can find another job -- not an easy task right now. So far we've been lucky and have been able to pay our bills, but there are those days when you feel down and in a serious pity funk.

Fast forward to Monday morning.

In my position at work, I do all of the training, scheduling and system testing for a group of about 50 pharmacists, technicians and opticians. Since I do the scheduling, I end up knowing who needs to be off for appointments, vacations and so on.

Usually my team members provide WAY too much detail about their appointments (it's really not necessary to describe in detail your kidney stones -- just tell me you have an appointment at 1:00pm and I'll put it down, ha!) but on Monday morning, one of my team members came over to let me know that they had called out the week before because they got some bad news -- they found out they have cancer. I've worked with this particular team member a lot for training and have gotten to know them a little bit and I was so shocked.

I went home and talked about it with Jason and we both agreed that we should just praise God for every blessing we have - be it one income, or two.

Goodbye financial funk!

1 comment:

  1. Love, health and laughter is the most powerful medicine to overcome anything!! Things WILL be better..

    Aki and Michelle

    ReplyDelete