When Jason and I first moved in we ate a lot of take out. Neither of us knew how to cook so we were forced to buy take out or warm up convenience meals.
We had the keys to our house for about 2 weeks before we moved in, during which we did some renovations to make it livable -- it was a real disaster! We took a few days off work to invest in painting, cleaning and repairing but we both came down with the flu something fierce! So, even though we were sick out of our minds and putting in 15 hour days on the house...we ate burger king and sonic. Ugh! That still grosses me out!
To top it off, we got our pretty new stainless steel stove and the first thing we made was...corn dogs. Bon appetit, right?
It didn't take long for us to decide that we should learn how to cook -- it was so expensive and unhealthy to eat out. That's when I decided to fill up a notebook with every recipe we tried and loved. It only went in the book if we absolutely loved it and would eat it again and again.
THE BOOK IS FULL!! 121 recipes of things I loved to make and we both loved to eat. Over the course of filling up the book, I've learned how to cook and that I really it! I made it a mission to learn some of our family's favorites -- for my family: Chocolate Strata Pie, Broccoli Rice Casserole, Hanky Pankys. for Jason: boiled fresh polish sausage, spaghetti (sigh, spaghetti all the time).
I've already got notebook #2 ready to go, but for now i'll be working on typing up book #1 and getting it printed/bound. There is too much good grub in there not to share!
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment