Sunday, February 28, 2010

Beer #4?!

It's been over a week! yikes! Let me just say that the coffee below is amazing and most likely got me through a crazy CRAZY week at work. You should try it, just sayin'.


This weekend I tried my hand at my grandmother's Chocolate Strata Pie. Mmmm-mmm. I made a real mess of things but ended up with the same flavor as her pie, certainly not as pretty! I also spent a good half hour trying to make whipped cream out of half&half. That's probably something you only do once in your life. haha. I was getting so frustrated! Finally I googled it and realized I would have to go to the store for some heavy cream.

Here's my saggy pie crust:
A refrigerator shot doesn't do this pie justice but what can you do. There she is! Mmmm! I will be trying again soon! Thanks for sending the recipe Grandma!
Even though Jason has super sick for almost a week now, he decided he wanted to make his next beer. He tried Widmer's Drifter when Michelle and Aki were out here this summer and he loved it! We can get it in our grocery stores..looks like this:

Here's a picture of Jason's new turkey fryer AKA gigantic pot he can use to brew his beer outside. Oh, and his shoes.


Here's his set up. The burner, and that tub in the background he fills with ice to cool the beer down after it's done cooking.
More of the same..
Jason got this sign for his Bday from Michelle - he brought me into his "Man" room and wanted to show me what he wrote on his new sign:
Last night I made some homemade chicken soup! Yummmm. Will definitely be doing that again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment