Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bargains Galore

I think it *might* be safe to say that summer is over. Praise the Lord. Jason "likes" summer because it means swimming and cold beer outside. Keri [okay, I] can't stand summer. I like nothing about it. The heat makes me cranky, crabby, sleepy and bored.
But guess what?
That's over now. [HUGE SMILE]
Fall time means holidays, cool weather, family, soups and stews. I'm totally excited. With the cool weather comes bargain hunting! Garage sale time. We are looking for super cheap prices on a huge coffee table, bookshelf, lampshades, guest bed [full or bigger].
Jason gave me full reign on our guest bedroom [provided we chose the paint together and he could choose the fan]. The sooner I finish, the sooner Jason's father, Ed, can come visit us!
Did hit up a Goodwill store last weekend with my mom and found these beauties: Wooden slat sign [see guest bedroom makeover in the future], pyrex glassware for super cheap, and some halloween decorations! Nothing says Arizona halloween like a big saguaro/pumpkin that lights up! All for under $12.00 thank you to my student discount :)

Jason started his second batch of beer yesterday! From what he has said it will be an orange-ish hefeweizen. Cool! This time he is doing it sans beer-kit. He found and bought all of the ingredients individually and used some new methods he has read about.


Monsoon is growing SO fast! Tomorrow is her 6 month birthday! She's about 37 pounds [we got her at 10 pounds] and she is potty trained!!!! I really hope that didn't jinx us but somehow, someway she has not had an accident in 3 weeks. We are SO happy. However, goodbye accidents, hello chewing problems. She eats/chews EVERYTHING she can get her little teeth on. When we adopted her I never thought we would say things like "No, you don't eat pants". "Why would you eat half of the party city halloween catalog?". "Don't put the ENTIRE cat's head in your mouth, maybe just part of it" or "Here, I put cat food in your food Monsoon, maybe you'll like that better?"


Margarita is doing great! Not much to say about her, she was a great cat from the beginning and she's only getting sweeter. She used to just follow her mama around everywhere but now she is hopping up on her dad's lap and relaxing!

I found these super cute frames a few weeks ago on clearance at Michael's and now I'm bummed I didn't buy the super large size. We picked up 2 5x7's and 2 8x10's for a quarter of the price they were originally.

My mom's boss is doing some renovations and redecorating at her home and when she mentioned that she was giving away couches for FREE, my mom mentioned that I would love to have them. So by some MIRACLE, Jason and I were given our second free couch. I really thought free couches were the kind of thing that happened to you just once, but boy did we get lucky. Say hello to our new living room, complete with couch and loveseat! So comfy!

We put our other set in the front room, which had been completely empty until now.
That wasn't enough bargains between free furniture and thrift store finds, right? I didn't think so. Today I capped it all off by getting up at 6:00am on a Saturday morning to go to the Bazzill Warehouse sale. Every year they greatly reduce their line of discontinued products and open it up to the public for 2 days. I have one word to describe this. FRENZY. My mother and I waited in line for a half hour outside and when we got in, we went to town. A pizza box full of cardstock, buttons, brads, chipboard, alphabets, ribbon, stickers, scrapbooks, filler pages, magnetic frames and metal letters. All for only $50. If I had gotten all of this at Michael's or JoAnn's, It would easily have been $170+

Jason is working this weekend, boo. He is really ready for a new opportunity to come his way, all of the supervisor experience he has gained in the last 5 years has to help out with that, right?
As far as Medicare part B goes, Jim Ash, who is kind of heading up this whole program is flying in from Cincinnati on Wednesday to meet with the 3 of us. SUPER NERVOUS! Everyone else has met him during their interviews, but I had to do a phone interview for mine since I was going on vacation before he came out. We've only been training for a week so I'm very curious to see what he is expecting of us. Did talk to my department's manager for about an hour last night discussing work flow and different program ideas, fun.
I'm off to make messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment