Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wrapping Party

We probably should've called it a boxing/wii party but we still had a great time! We headed over to my parents in the early evening and brought a few snacks with us. We ended up playing wii for hours (tennis is my new fav and Jason loveddddd the golfing) and eating so many snacks we didn't even want dinner, which is good because after 11 all the pizza places are closed.. that makes no sense to me.




These two are almost friends now!
It's easier for Margarita when this one is tired

Today we inherited a mattress for our guest bedroom from my brother (Thanks!) and a frame from my parents (Thanks!). So now we just need a foundation, mattress pad and a bedset! We're so excited that we'll be able to have people sleep over now!

We may not have gotten every last present wrapped but we did do our holiday baking! Here's one of the super simple recipes we made http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pecan-toffee-tassies-recipe/index.html. YUM. I just used the rim of a glass we had instead of a cookie cutter. I also only cooked the second batch for only 20 minutes instead of the 25, the first set was WAY too crispy.

Last week I raided the Dollar Tree with my mom and we saw their advertisement in the paper. 2 hours and $38 later (for me) and $40 something for her (I think) we walked away. OH MY. I couldn't believe how many cute christmas things they had, not to mention stuff for our football get together! [Speaking of that, the game IS on tv, so everyone can quit all the silly worrying :)] This week Cost Plus/World Market has their chubby nutcrackers on sale..yes!!

Next weekend we're getting our Christmas tree and decorating the house. Jason wants us to buy a real, fresh tree - I've never had a fresh one, so I am pumped! Other than that, we are just getting ready for the packer/bear game and the anniversary party!

1 comment:

  1. Fresh trees all the way!!! I will be surprised if I ever buy a fake one.

    ReplyDelete