Sunday, September 27, 2009

Congratulations Tim and Kim!

Saturday morning we got up early and went swimming. Headed back into town [sort of] for Tim and Kim's wedding! It was a really nice ceremony with a good message - get each other to Heaven.
Outside of the church:
After the wedding, four of us took to have a Buck Burger at the Buck Inn, YUM! After that Mom and Dad gave Jason and I a tour of the town -- where they went to school, were married, previous houses, hang out spots. Of course, we had to see Lake Michigan too, so we checked out the beach.

Dad explaining that when he was younger, the lake was higher up.
So pretty!
We also headed to Shopko because I needed new packers attire: 8th grade clothes no longer fit. Fascinating. We also stopped in at Saykllys for some chocolates, salt water taffy and peanut brittle. O.M.G.
Hurried back to the hotel to attend Tim and Kim's Reception, which was just beautiful. It was a fall theme and the food was Thanksgiving food, what a cool idea.
Their cake was gorgeous and the groom's cake was touching. It was a tree stump with their initials "carved" in a heart and butterflies arounds it to represent my Grandfather and Uncle Terry, and other members of the family that were there in spirit.Again, just beautiful!

My cousins!

Mother of the groom, my Aunt Patti
It worked out SO well that my parent's LONG time friends were at Brad Garrett's second showing while we were next door at the wedding so we popped out to say hello, and then brought them in with us.

Straight to Grandma!
The groomsmen all wore derby hats, so cute!

I love this one! I can't believe it will be 30 years in a few more months.
Recessional dance:

After the wedding was more gambling of course! I hope you won big, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment