It's been pretty wicked hot this weekend -- highs of 108, yuck. Because of the heat, we've started our summer cleaning; I don't know anyone who would waste a beautiful spring day out here cleaning. Our office, closet and laundry room are finally done! It only took a year to get organized!
Below is a picture from this MORNINGS news broadcast, 91 degrees at 9am, disgusting!

Since the dog can't clean and she doesn't want to play outside, she did a lot of this today:
I'm still cooking a lot and working on the cookbook. Here's an idea I tried out from Four Peaks Brewery out here. Spinach Artichoke dip w/ warm pita triangles (instead of fried or baked, just warmed). Yum! Jason and I love it this way.Saturday morning was my Aunt Cathy's birthday lunch (happy b-day today!) and she wanted to try Sushi. My mom googled this awesome place that I wish I'd known about all along. Teharu is the name, and it has a conveyer belt! If you sit at the belt, the Sushi chefs are busily working in the middle and a conveyer belt goes all around. A little sign on a plate tells you what sushi is coming behind it and then each plate of sushi only has 3-4 peices on it. The best part? Each plate is $1-$2! SWEET! We grabbed like crazy and ate until we were super full and it was only about $10 a person + drinks. Genius.


No comments:
Post a Comment